Liverpool dashes Arsenal hopes with 50 mln-pound price tag on Suarez despite sale nod
London: Liverpool has reportedly stated that they are ready to sell their controversial striker Luis Suarez after his wishes to discuss a deal with Arsenal, although they have put a 50 million-pound price tag on the head of the Uruguayan.
Arsenal triggered a clause in Suarez`s contract with a stunning 40,000,000-pound bid this week. The club has been pleasantly surprised by Liverpool`s capitulation, which had previously vehemently refused to sell Suarez.
However, the report added that the Gunners` hopes were dashed after the Liverpool put the 50 million-pound price tag on Suarez, as they are unlikely to go to that amount even though they are ready to raise their bid slightly plus add-ons and bonuses.
But, the report mentioned that Suarez, who played in Liverpool`s pre-season friendly in Australia on Tuesday, is still set to be tempted by Arsenal, who will put a five year, 150,000 pounds-a-week contract on the table before him.
Although Liverpool has insisted that that the 40 million-pound clause does not mean they have to sell but the report said that Suarez`s camp see it as a get-out, adding that Arsenal is set to receive a 30 million-pound boost to their transfer kitty after agreeing to sell Gonzalo Higuain to Napoli for the same amount.
However, a report stated, Arsenal`s biggest concern is Real Madrid making a late bid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!