Liverpool dashes Arsenal hopes with 50 mln-pound price tag on Suarez despite sale nod
London: Liverpool has reportedly stated that they are ready to sell their controversial striker Luis Suarez after his wishes to discuss a deal with Arsenal, although they have put a 50 million-pound price tag on the head of the Uruguayan.
Arsenal triggered a clause in Suarez`s contract with a stunning 40,000,000-pound bid this week. The club has been pleasantly surprised by Liverpool`s capitulation, which had previously vehemently refused to sell Suarez.
However, the report added that the Gunners` hopes were dashed after the Liverpool put the 50 million-pound price tag on Suarez, as they are unlikely to go to that amount even though they are ready to raise their bid slightly plus add-ons and bonuses.
But, the report mentioned that Suarez, who played in Liverpool`s pre-season friendly in Australia on Tuesday, is still set to be tempted by Arsenal, who will put a five year, 150,000 pounds-a-week contract on the table before him.
Although Liverpool has insisted that that the 40 million-pound clause does not mean they have to sell but the report said that Suarez`s camp see it as a get-out, adding that Arsenal is set to receive a 30 million-pound boost to their transfer kitty after agreeing to sell Gonzalo Higuain to Napoli for the same amount.
However, a report stated, Arsenal`s biggest concern is Real Madrid making a late bid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users