Liverpool eager to bring Arsenal midfielder Walcott to Anfield
London: Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has earmarked Arsenal winger Theo Walcott as his next target after signing striker Fabio Borini from Italian club AS Roma.
Rodgers is set to pay 15 million pounds for the England international, and is likely to finance the money by selling Anfield flop Andy Carroll.
Walcott has one year left to run on his Arsenal contract and has yet to agree to a new deal at the Emirates. He earns 65,000 pounds a week and is looking to be brought into line with other England internationals in the Premier League on a 100,000 pounds- a-week.
Rodgers, who is looking to bring in new faces at Merseyside, believes Walcott could become a major star at the club, The Sun reports.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is desperate to keep Walcott, especially with Robin van Persie refusing to sign a new deal, but some members of the Emirates board would be prepared to cash in now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Vin Diesel turns on nostalgic mode; writes heart-touching tribute to Paul Walker while filming 'Fast 8'
- Did you upgrade your WhatsApp to WhatsApp Gold?
- Ayushmann Khurrana's new Hitler/Chaplin look is worth a watch! View inside
- WATCH: Sir Alex Ferguson enters Manchester United FC dressing room, hugs Louis van Gaal
- Hollywood overpowers Bollywood at Box Office, again! 'X-Men Apocalypse' earns RS 10.16 cr