Liverpool eager to bring Arsenal midfielder Walcott to Anfield
London: Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has earmarked Arsenal winger Theo Walcott as his next target after signing striker Fabio Borini from Italian club AS Roma.
Rodgers is set to pay 15 million pounds for the England international, and is likely to finance the money by selling Anfield flop Andy Carroll.
Walcott has one year left to run on his Arsenal contract and has yet to agree to a new deal at the Emirates. He earns 65,000 pounds a week and is looking to be brought into line with other England internationals in the Premier League on a 100,000 pounds- a-week.
Rodgers, who is looking to bring in new faces at Merseyside, believes Walcott could become a major star at the club, The Sun reports.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is desperate to keep Walcott, especially with Robin van Persie refusing to sign a new deal, but some members of the Emirates board would be prepared to cash in now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note