Liverpool have stood by Suarez, says Brendan Rodgers
Brendan Rodgers insists Luis Suarez will not be able to forget the support he has received from Liverpool fans, even if he succeeds in forcing through a summer move away.
The Uruguayan was given a rapturous reception by the Reds supporters during Wednesday`s win over Melbourne Victory, despite angling for a transfer
Arsenal have lodged a €49 million bid for the Uruguay international, while Real Madrid are heavily linked with a move for the striker who has made no secret of his desire to play Champions League football.
Suarez`s attitude has alienated many Liverpool fans who stuck by him during the Patrice Evra racism row and Branislav Ivanovic biting incident, for which he is still serving a 10-match ban.
But the unsettled striker was still given a rapturous reception by Reds supporters during Wednesday`s friendly win over Melbourne Victory and Rodgers believes this will play on the striker`s mind.
"The support he has received from the supporters and the people of the city of Liverpool has been unrivalled," the former Swansea boss told reporters.
"The people have stood by him, like a son, and really looked after him. Whatever happens in the coming weeks that will be in his mind because it`s something you can never forget."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India