Liverpool keen to appoint former England manager Capello as new boss
London: Liverpool, who last week sacked club legend Kenny Dalglish as their manager, have now set their eyes on former England manager Fabio Capello to take up the vacant position at Anfield, following snubs from various top flight managers.
Swansea City manager Brendon Rodgers, Ajax boss Frank De Boer are two top-flight managers who have recently rejected a move to Liverpool.
Despite Capello’s denial that he had been in contact with Chelsea, sources close to him have made it clear that he would be interested in the Chelsea job, and he has been pushing to be approached.
The Italian at present, is not a serious candidate for Chelsea job and also has two extremely lucrative offers on the table to coach in the Middle East. One to become the head coach of the United Arab Emirates national team and another to work in Qatar, but he has also stated he would like to work in England.
While Capello’s preference would be to work in London, he would give serious consideration should Liverpool make an approach.
However, Capello would also be very expensive and Liverpool would probably not be able to match his wage demands. The scale of transfer budget he would require, talks could still take place in the hope of persuading him to accept the job on a shorter-term, two-year contract.
There is real concern that with no chief executive and no sporting director, there is a lack of real leadership at Liverpool, and a strong character such as Capello might steady matters.
Liverpool has confirmed that Capello is on their list of candidates in what is becoming an increasingly chaotic recruitment process to succeed Dalglish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy