Liverpool keen to appoint former England manager Capello as new boss
London: Liverpool, who last week sacked club legend Kenny Dalglish as their manager, have now set their eyes on former England manager Fabio Capello to take up the vacant position at Anfield, following snubs from various top flight managers.
Swansea City manager Brendon Rodgers, Ajax boss Frank De Boer are two top-flight managers who have recently rejected a move to Liverpool.
Despite Capello’s denial that he had been in contact with Chelsea, sources close to him have made it clear that he would be interested in the Chelsea job, and he has been pushing to be approached.
The Italian at present, is not a serious candidate for Chelsea job and also has two extremely lucrative offers on the table to coach in the Middle East. One to become the head coach of the United Arab Emirates national team and another to work in Qatar, but he has also stated he would like to work in England.
While Capello’s preference would be to work in London, he would give serious consideration should Liverpool make an approach.
However, Capello would also be very expensive and Liverpool would probably not be able to match his wage demands. The scale of transfer budget he would require, talks could still take place in the hope of persuading him to accept the job on a shorter-term, two-year contract.
There is real concern that with no chief executive and no sporting director, there is a lack of real leadership at Liverpool, and a strong character such as Capello might steady matters.
Liverpool has confirmed that Capello is on their list of candidates in what is becoming an increasingly chaotic recruitment process to succeed Dalglish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof