Liverpool offer Carroll for Tevez
London: In a surprising turn of events, English football club Liverpool has offered to swap lanky forward Andy Carroll with Manchester City`s controversial striker Carlos Tevez.
It has not even been a year since Carroll was bought from Newcastle for a club-record 35 million pounds.
Manchester were quick to reject the offer even though Tevez has been valued at 25 million pounds. The Argentine has been in exile since his refusal to take the field in a Champions League match against Bayern Munich.
Carroll has scored only six goals in 35 appearances since becoming the eighth most expensive footballer in history and has not even been able to establish himself as a regular starter this season.
This move shows that Liverpool are now looking to offload the 23-year-old, despite manager Kenny Dalgish praising the player and saying that he can still play a prominent part.
Italian side AC Milan had also made a bid for Tevez, but could not meet City`s asking price and the deal broke down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured