Liverpool offer Carroll for Tevez
London: In a surprising turn of events, English football club Liverpool has offered to swap lanky forward Andy Carroll with Manchester City`s controversial striker Carlos Tevez.
It has not even been a year since Carroll was bought from Newcastle for a club-record 35 million pounds.
Manchester were quick to reject the offer even though Tevez has been valued at 25 million pounds. The Argentine has been in exile since his refusal to take the field in a Champions League match against Bayern Munich.
Carroll has scored only six goals in 35 appearances since becoming the eighth most expensive footballer in history and has not even been able to establish himself as a regular starter this season.
This move shows that Liverpool are now looking to offload the 23-year-old, despite manager Kenny Dalgish praising the player and saying that he can still play a prominent part.
Italian side AC Milan had also made a bid for Tevez, but could not meet City`s asking price and the deal broke down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump Inauguration LIVE: US President vows to eradicate Islamic terrorism from the face of Earth