Liverpool offer Carroll for Tevez
London: In a surprising turn of events, English football club Liverpool has offered to swap lanky forward Andy Carroll with Manchester City`s controversial striker Carlos Tevez.
It has not even been a year since Carroll was bought from Newcastle for a club-record 35 million pounds.
Manchester were quick to reject the offer even though Tevez has been valued at 25 million pounds. The Argentine has been in exile since his refusal to take the field in a Champions League match against Bayern Munich.
Carroll has scored only six goals in 35 appearances since becoming the eighth most expensive footballer in history and has not even been able to establish himself as a regular starter this season.
This move shows that Liverpool are now looking to offload the 23-year-old, despite manager Kenny Dalgish praising the player and saying that he can still play a prominent part.
Italian side AC Milan had also made a bid for Tevez, but could not meet City`s asking price and the deal broke down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda