Liverpool`s Suarez back in trouble with fine and ban
London: Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez was banned for one match and fined 20,000 pounds by the English FA on Wednesday for making an offensive gesture to Fulham fans after Liverpool lost a Premier League match at Craven Cottage earlier this month.
Liverpool were also fined 20,000 pounds and warned as to their future conduct by the FA after their players surrounded referee Kevin Friend who had sent off Jay Spearing in the second half of the match On December5 which Fulham won 1-0.
Last week Suarez was banned for eight matches and fined 40,000 pounds by the FA for racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra in October.
He intends to appeal against that decision so was eligible to play in Liverpool`s Premier League match against Newcastle United on Friday, but will now miss the game.
In a statement on their official website, the FA said Liverpool were being fined and warned as to their future conduct "for failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion" during the game at Fulham.
The club admitted the charge, which was in relation to the dismissal of Spearing, but did not accept the standard 20,000 pounds penalty for the offence.
However, an Independent Regulatory Commission found Liverpool guilty and the FA imposed the fine on Wednesday when Suarez was also banned after admitting the offence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued