Liverpool sign Moses from Chelsea on season-long loan
London: The 22-year-old has secured a move to Anfield after falling down the pecking order at Jose Mourinho`s Chelsea side, becoming Brendan Rodgers` eighth signing of the summer.
Liverpool have confirmed the signing of Chelsea forward Victor Moses on a season-long loan.
The 22-year-old passed a medical at Anfield on Monday and becomes the club`s eighth signing of a busy summer of transfer activity for Brendan Rodgers` men.
The Nigeria international joins Mamadou Sakho and Tiago Ilori in joining Liverpool on deadline day, although Fabio Borini is close to leaving Merseyside for a loan move to Sunderland.
"First and foremost, I`m delighted to have made the loan from Chelsea to a big club like Liverpool," he told the club`s official website.
"The most important thing is for me to be professional about it and I`m here to do a job for the club.
"The target is to get into the top four and for the club to compete in the Champions League - and I`m delighted to be here.
"The manager has done very well and the formation and players here will help me and I just want to gel in, get to know the players and play with them.
"There are a lot of quality players here - they`re winning games and creating chances. It`s a massive thing for me to be here."
Moses moved to Stamford Bridge from Wigan last summer, making 42 appearances and scoring 10 goals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand