Liverpool takes another step towards first EPL title since 1990
London: Liverpool took another step towards their first English premier League (EPL) title since 1990 after winning 3-2 against Norwich City on Sunday to pull five points clear of Chelsea.
Raheem Sterling, Luis Suarez and Gary Hooper scored for the Reds against Norwich, who are fourth from the bottom in the EPL rankings at this time.
According to Sport 24, Sunday`s win was Liverpool`s 11th consecutive league victory and they are guaranteed to qualify for next season`s Champions League. The Reds need seven points from their remaining three games to win the league and can eliminate Chelsea from the title race by winning against Chelsea at home next weekend.
Chelsea`s shock 2-1 defeat at home to Sunderland on Saturday, coupled with Manchester City`s draw against the same side in mid-week, has given Liverpool a huge opportunity to stamp their authority on the title race.
Hooper and Snodgrass scored for Norwich.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory