Liverpool takes another step towards first EPL title since 1990
London: Liverpool took another step towards their first English premier League (EPL) title since 1990 after winning 3-2 against Norwich City on Sunday to pull five points clear of Chelsea.
Raheem Sterling, Luis Suarez and Gary Hooper scored for the Reds against Norwich, who are fourth from the bottom in the EPL rankings at this time.
According to Sport 24, Sunday`s win was Liverpool`s 11th consecutive league victory and they are guaranteed to qualify for next season`s Champions League. The Reds need seven points from their remaining three games to win the league and can eliminate Chelsea from the title race by winning against Chelsea at home next weekend.
Chelsea`s shock 2-1 defeat at home to Sunderland on Saturday, coupled with Manchester City`s draw against the same side in mid-week, has given Liverpool a huge opportunity to stamp their authority on the title race.
Hooper and Snodgrass scored for Norwich.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported