Liverpool tells Carroll to leave before transfer deadline
London: Liverpool has informed Andy Carroll that he can leave the club before tomorrow’s transfer deadline as they are trying to finance bids for Theo Walcott and Clint Dempsey.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is ready to ditch the club’s record signing to raise funds to bring in new faces before the summer transfer window closes.
AC Milan, Newcastle, and West Ham have all been linked with the 23-year-old, but only the Hammers have got close to matching Liverpool``s valuation.
Asked if Carroll would still be a Liverpool player when the window closes tomorrow night, Rodgers said: “It is too early to say. I can only be straight with a player on where he stands. You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to see Andy has been a cover player for us.
“He has been excellent in terms of his attitude and his acceptance of where he is at. But I’m not sure we are in a position to have £35m players as third-choice strikers or wingers who might be on £6m a year. I don’t think the club is in that position. The club needs repair financially.”
Walcott’s standoff with Arsenal, where he has rejected a £75,000-a-week offer, has fuelled interest from Liverpool and Manchester City.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living