Liverpool v Oldham, a Rodgers family affair
London: Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers will come up against his own son, Anton, on Sunday when his side host third-tier Oldham Athletic in the FA Cup third round.
Anton Rodgers, a 20-year-old midfielder, joined Oldham from Brighton and Hove Albion last July and has made 13 appearances for the League One outfit this season.
However, with Oldham having stunned Liverpool 3-2 in the fourth round last season, Brendan Rodgers says he will not allow his players to go easy on his son.
"In all seriousness, that`s the job -- but it is also a situation that I will want my players to pay attention to, because the footballing gods sometimes come into it as well," he told several British newspapers.
"With the footballing gods, he could end up getting a goal. But not only that, I have to get the team to keep an eye on him because he`s a good player.
"He`s got quality, he has a great view of the game and he`s a real footballer. So I can`t skip over it because it`s Anton. This is business."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead