Liverpool was always my first choice, says Iago Aspas
England: The versatile forward explained that moving to Anfield was always his favoured option and expects to adapt successfully in any role Brendan Rodgers provides for him.
Iago Aspas is confident he will settle in England after making the `easy choice` to join Liverpool from La Liga side Celta Vigo.
The versatile forward signed a long-term contract with Brendan Rodgers` side on Sunday and joins fellow Spanish attacker Luis Alberto and Cote d`Ivoire international defender Kolo Toure in moving to Anfield.
“It was an easy choice. It wasn`t a tough decision at all," Aspas told the club’s official website.
"I`m really happy to have come to a big club like this one. Having weighed up all my options for this window, a massive club like Liverpool was always my first choice."
The 25-year-old played across the front line and recorded 12 goals and 11 assists from 34 Liga appearances last season as Celta Vigo finished one point above the relegation zone. Aspas also netted 23 times in the Segunda Division the previous year when the club won promotion to the Spanish top flight.
"I am a quick and skilful player. Together we will achieve a lot of success," he continued.
"I`ve not had the chance to talk with the manager at any length just yet but I think that good players can slot into any role and not just one set position.
"I don`t know a huge amount but I`ve learned things from watching them on TV and of course I know all about the last two Champions League finals having seen them live on TV."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened