Liverpool’s Rodgers eyeing Walcott swoop during January transfer window
London: Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is eyeing the inclusion of Theo Walcott at Anfield after being promised at least 10 million pounds to continue his rebuilding job at the club.
Winger Walcott scored a hat-trick in Arsenal``s sensational Capital One Cup win over Reading on Tuesday and Rodgers can offer him the striker role he craves.
The Reds boss is monitoring Walcott``s continued contract impasse with the Gunners, and will move for the England international in January if he does not commit to a future at the Emirates, the Daily Mirror reports.
But Gunners boss Arsene Wenger claims he has not even considered selling Walcott in January as he believes the player will agree to stay, but admitted that Arsenal now urgently wants the England star to sign a new deal, the report said.
“There is urgency in sorting out the new deal - how much I don``t know. But there is urgency. We want to sort it out before Christmas, one way or the other. I wouldn``t like to sell him in January if he doesn``t sign a new deal. I``ve not even thought about that, because at the moment I think we will still manage to make a deal with him,” Wenger said.
Walcott``s Arsenal deal expires next June and Rodgers hopes to buy him for a knock-down price when the winter transfer window opens, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it