Lot of talent in Junior Hockey World Cup: Leandro Negre
New Delhi: International Hockey Federation (FIH) president Leandro Negre feels the Junior World Cup to be held here from Dec 6-15 is the perfect platform for talented young players in the world to make a name for themselves and leave a big impression on those watching.
"If India were to win the tournament the impact would be huge but with so many great hockey nations competing, it is really difficult to predict who will lift the trophy," said Negre in a statement Friday.
"I am really looking forward to visiting India again. I love everything about coming to India. I am always made to feel extremely welcome here. Hockey events in India are always very special and the atmosphere when the home team are in action is something that has to be seen to be believed. It is a real privilege to experience it."
Negre feels India holds a very special place in world hockey and there is abundant talent in the country to become a world class side.
“India has always been strong at the junior level. However, it is not always easy to make the transition from junior to senior hockey. This is not something which is unique to India but applies to every nation. That said, the India men’s team is very talented and looks to have a fine crop of young talent coming through the ranks," said the FIH president.
"I think it’s really important that India gets behind the team during the Junior World Cup as fan support can really make a big difference. The future looks bright for Indian hockey.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks