Lucas unveiled as PSG player
Sao Paulo: Upcoming Brazil star Lucas Moura was unveiled as a Paris Saint-Germain player after the European transfer window opened for business.
The youngster left Brazilian football club Sao Paulo in a deal reportedly worth around $26 million. The player flew to Doha, Qatar, to finalize the deal and meet the directors of the French club, reports Xinhua.
He took with him his mother, Fatima, and agent Wagenr Ribeiro as he underwent a final medical check-up Tuesday, before heading to a club dinner alongside fellow Brazilians Thiago Silva, Alex and Maxwell.
"We spent the evening at a fine restaurant with live music. Lucas` reception has been the best possible, the affection for him is abundant. The owner has already said he can be the best player in the world," Ribeiro said.
Lucas, who has represented Brazil at senior level, is considered the future of the Parisian outfit. Signed to be the team`s new playmaker, the club`s directors hope his quality can take the club to the latter stages of the UEFA Champions League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown