Lucas unveiled as PSG player
Sao Paulo: Upcoming Brazil star Lucas Moura was unveiled as a Paris Saint-Germain player after the European transfer window opened for business.
The youngster left Brazilian football club Sao Paulo in a deal reportedly worth around $26 million. The player flew to Doha, Qatar, to finalize the deal and meet the directors of the French club, reports Xinhua.
He took with him his mother, Fatima, and agent Wagenr Ribeiro as he underwent a final medical check-up Tuesday, before heading to a club dinner alongside fellow Brazilians Thiago Silva, Alex and Maxwell.
"We spent the evening at a fine restaurant with live music. Lucas` reception has been the best possible, the affection for him is abundant. The owner has already said he can be the best player in the world," Ribeiro said.
Lucas, who has represented Brazil at senior level, is considered the future of the Parisian outfit. Signed to be the team`s new playmaker, the club`s directors hope his quality can take the club to the latter stages of the UEFA Champions League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets