Lucho quitting Porto for Qatar
Lisbon: Argentine international Lucho Gonzalez is leaving FC Porto for a lucrative contract with a Qatari side, it was reported here on Sunday.
Paulo Fonseca, manager of the Portuguese club, confirmed the player was quitting his team, without specifying the identity of his new employers.
"FC Porto were sensitive to the wishes of the player who wants to go in a separate direction," Fonseca told local media.
The 33-year-old midfielder joined former European champions Porto from Marseille in 2012 having already played for the side from 2005 to 2009.
On the international stage he starred for the Argentina team that won gold at the 2004 Olympic Games, and played at the 2006 World Cup where Argentina lost to hosts Germany on penalties in the quarter-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar
- Himachal Pradesh CM's wife to be further quizzed in PMLA case: ED to Delhi HC
- BSNL launches unlimited 3G plan for Rs 1,099, cuts rate by 50%
- No political appointments in pollution control boards: NGT