Lucho quitting Porto for Qatar
Lisbon: Argentine international Lucho Gonzalez is leaving FC Porto for a lucrative contract with a Qatari side, it was reported here on Sunday.
Paulo Fonseca, manager of the Portuguese club, confirmed the player was quitting his team, without specifying the identity of his new employers.
"FC Porto were sensitive to the wishes of the player who wants to go in a separate direction," Fonseca told local media.
The 33-year-old midfielder joined former European champions Porto from Marseille in 2012 having already played for the side from 2005 to 2009.
On the international stage he starred for the Argentina team that won gold at the 2004 Olympic Games, and played at the 2006 World Cup where Argentina lost to hosts Germany on penalties in the quarter-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Over confidence' not the reason behind Pakistan's struggle in second test: Grant Flower
- Govt trying to pass GST bill this session: Meghwal
- Complaint against JD(U) MLA for demanding Rs 20 lakh
- Black money: Willing to walk extra mile to address concerns over IDS, says Govt
- LeEco Max 2: Made for Pokémon GO smartphone