Lucho quitting Porto for Qatar
Lisbon: Argentine international Lucho Gonzalez is leaving FC Porto for a lucrative contract with a Qatari side, it was reported here on Sunday.
Paulo Fonseca, manager of the Portuguese club, confirmed the player was quitting his team, without specifying the identity of his new employers.
"FC Porto were sensitive to the wishes of the player who wants to go in a separate direction," Fonseca told local media.
The 33-year-old midfielder joined former European champions Porto from Marseille in 2012 having already played for the side from 2005 to 2009.
On the international stage he starred for the Argentina team that won gold at the 2004 Olympic Games, and played at the 2006 World Cup where Argentina lost to hosts Germany on penalties in the quarter-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'