Luis Suarez could train with Barcelona in two weeks after CAS hearing date is set
London: Uruguay and Barcelona football star Luis Suarez is hoping to train with his new club in a fortnight`s time after his appeal against his ban for biting Italy`s Giorgio Chiellini will be heard by the court of arbitration for sport (CAS) in Lausanne, Switzerland, on August 8.
According to The Guardian, theCAS has summoned Suarez to appear at their headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland, after it agreed to fast-track the appeal against his four-month ban from all football-related activity for biting Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup in Brazil.
The case will be dealt with at an "express" hearing, with a decision likely just a few days after Su rez and Barcelona present their case.
If the appeal is successful, the 27-year-old could train start with his new team-mates as early as mid-August, although his suspension from playing is almost certain to be unaffected.
As things stand, he is likely to make his debut against Real Madrid on the weekend of October 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert