Luis Suarez could train with Barcelona in two weeks after CAS hearing date is set
London: Uruguay and Barcelona football star Luis Suarez is hoping to train with his new club in a fortnight`s time after his appeal against his ban for biting Italy`s Giorgio Chiellini will be heard by the court of arbitration for sport (CAS) in Lausanne, Switzerland, on August 8.
According to The Guardian, theCAS has summoned Suarez to appear at their headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland, after it agreed to fast-track the appeal against his four-month ban from all football-related activity for biting Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup in Brazil.
The case will be dealt with at an "express" hearing, with a decision likely just a few days after Su rez and Barcelona present their case.
If the appeal is successful, the 27-year-old could train start with his new team-mates as early as mid-August, although his suspension from playing is almost certain to be unaffected.
As things stand, he is likely to make his debut against Real Madrid on the weekend of October 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state