Luis Suarez could train with Barcelona in two weeks after CAS hearing date is set
London: Uruguay and Barcelona football star Luis Suarez is hoping to train with his new club in a fortnight`s time after his appeal against his ban for biting Italy`s Giorgio Chiellini will be heard by the court of arbitration for sport (CAS) in Lausanne, Switzerland, on August 8.
According to The Guardian, theCAS has summoned Suarez to appear at their headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland, after it agreed to fast-track the appeal against his four-month ban from all football-related activity for biting Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup in Brazil.
The case will be dealt with at an "express" hearing, with a decision likely just a few days after Su rez and Barcelona present their case.
If the appeal is successful, the 27-year-old could train start with his new team-mates as early as mid-August, although his suspension from playing is almost certain to be unaffected.
As things stand, he is likely to make his debut against Real Madrid on the weekend of October 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security