Luis Suarez is on French club PSG’s shopping list
London: Controversial Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is on French club Paris St. Germain’s radar, as the club’s cash-rich Qatari owner, Nasser Al-Khelaifi plans to make PSG the best in Europe.
Al-Khelaifi has made it clear that he is ready to spend around 100 million Euros a year for the next five or six years, and Suarez along with Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain is top on club’s shopping list next summer.
“We are already looking at the market for next season. We have clear targets in mind. It is true that we want Luis Suarez and [Real Madrid striker] Gonzalo Higuain,” a daily quoted billionaire Al-Khelaifi, as saying.
“Our real short-term targets are to win the Champions League and find a new Lionel Messi. We will spend what is normal for a top-class club. We prefer to invest a lot and immediately. In the next five or six years, we still spend this amount. Then the investments will slow,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'