Luis Suarez is on French club PSG’s shopping list
London: Controversial Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is on French club Paris St. Germain’s radar, as the club’s cash-rich Qatari owner, Nasser Al-Khelaifi plans to make PSG the best in Europe.
Al-Khelaifi has made it clear that he is ready to spend around 100 million Euros a year for the next five or six years, and Suarez along with Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain is top on club’s shopping list next summer.
“We are already looking at the market for next season. We have clear targets in mind. It is true that we want Luis Suarez and [Real Madrid striker] Gonzalo Higuain,” a daily quoted billionaire Al-Khelaifi, as saying.
“Our real short-term targets are to win the Champions League and find a new Lionel Messi. We will spend what is normal for a top-class club. We prefer to invest a lot and immediately. In the next five or six years, we still spend this amount. Then the investments will slow,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption