Luis Suarez is on French club PSG’s shopping list
London: Controversial Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is on French club Paris St. Germain’s radar, as the club’s cash-rich Qatari owner, Nasser Al-Khelaifi plans to make PSG the best in Europe.
Al-Khelaifi has made it clear that he is ready to spend around 100 million Euros a year for the next five or six years, and Suarez along with Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain is top on club’s shopping list next summer.
“We are already looking at the market for next season. We have clear targets in mind. It is true that we want Luis Suarez and [Real Madrid striker] Gonzalo Higuain,” a daily quoted billionaire Al-Khelaifi, as saying.
“Our real short-term targets are to win the Champions League and find a new Lionel Messi. We will spend what is normal for a top-class club. We prefer to invest a lot and immediately. In the next five or six years, we still spend this amount. Then the investments will slow,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Dalit couple axed to death for Rs 15
- India expects ''no issue'' over Chinese scribes'' visa row
- Sushma Swaraj to lead Indian delegation at Mother Teresa's canonisation
- SC to examine whether top officials of CM can sign files on his behalf
- Real Madrid eye Moussa Sissoko as plan B if Paul Pogba pursuit fails: Reports