Luis Suarez is on French club PSG’s shopping list
London: Controversial Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is on French club Paris St. Germain’s radar, as the club’s cash-rich Qatari owner, Nasser Al-Khelaifi plans to make PSG the best in Europe.
Al-Khelaifi has made it clear that he is ready to spend around 100 million Euros a year for the next five or six years, and Suarez along with Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain is top on club’s shopping list next summer.
“We are already looking at the market for next season. We have clear targets in mind. It is true that we want Luis Suarez and [Real Madrid striker] Gonzalo Higuain,” a daily quoted billionaire Al-Khelaifi, as saying.
“Our real short-term targets are to win the Champions League and find a new Lionel Messi. We will spend what is normal for a top-class club. We prefer to invest a lot and immediately. In the next five or six years, we still spend this amount. Then the investments will slow,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez