London: Barcelona star striker Luis Suarez has said that it had been hard to face the truth of his bite on Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup.
Suarez, who joined Barca from Liverpool for 75 million pounds in July, had been banned for four months from all football related activity for the incident.
The Uruguayan, said that he found it hard to take in and realised what he had done, adding that he is only human and sometimes it's hard to face the truth. He said that he did not want to listen to anybody, or speak to anybody, adding that he didn't want to accept it, The BBC reported.
Suarez apologised to Chiellini on 30 June, six days after Uruguay's 1-0 Group D win over Italy, saying that the Juventus defender suffered the physical result of a bite in the collision he suffered with him.
Suarez initially said that he lost balance and fell on the Italian face first.
Chiellini accepted Suarez's apology via Twitter, saying that the incident was forgotten and expressing hope FIFA would reduce the striker's ban.
Suarez has been training and playing in friendlies, scoring two goals in Uruguay's 3-0 win over Oman on Monday. The first competitive match he will be available for following his suspension is Barcelona's league match away to fierce rivals Real Madrid on Saturday, 25 October, the report added.