Luis Suarez thanks Liverpool fans for making him `feel at home` in Anfield
London: Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has thanked Reds fans for their continued support during a difficult summer and said that Anfield is now his home as he focuses on a Champions League spot for the club.
According to SportsMole.co.uk, Suarez went public with his desire to leave Liverpool last summer in search of Champions League football, but the Reds rejected Arsenal`s advances and held onto their prized asset.
The Uruguay forward has since returned to form a potent partnership with Daniel Sturridge, declaring that he will continue to give everything for the club to repay their faith, the report said.
He said that when he was separated from the squad, the players told him that they did not like that and wanted him to be with the group, adding that today he feels very supported by his teammates, and appreciates their support.
The 26-year-old has six goals in five Premier League games this season, including a hat-trick in his last Anfield appearance against West Bromwich Albion two weeks ago, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more