Luis Suarez thanks Liverpool fans for making him `feel at home` in Anfield
London: Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has thanked Reds fans for their continued support during a difficult summer and said that Anfield is now his home as he focuses on a Champions League spot for the club.
According to SportsMole.co.uk, Suarez went public with his desire to leave Liverpool last summer in search of Champions League football, but the Reds rejected Arsenal`s advances and held onto their prized asset.
The Uruguay forward has since returned to form a potent partnership with Daniel Sturridge, declaring that he will continue to give everything for the club to repay their faith, the report said.
He said that when he was separated from the squad, the players told him that they did not like that and wanted him to be with the group, adding that today he feels very supported by his teammates, and appreciates their support.
The 26-year-old has six goals in five Premier League games this season, including a hat-trick in his last Anfield appearance against West Bromwich Albion two weeks ago, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble