Luis Suarez will not be investigated for stamp on Zenit defender
London: Luis Suarez will not be investigated for an apparent stamp on Zenit defender Tomas Hubocan in Liverpool`s clash with the Russians in the Europa League last week.
The Uruguayan was pictured stepping on the Czech Republic international`s back towards the end of the Reds` 3-1 win, which was not enough to take them through to the round of 16, as Zenit won on away goals.
Referee Bjorn Kuipers, who is shortlisted to officiate at World Cup 2014, did not punish Suarez during the game, leaving Uefa able to use retrospective action against him.
However, a statement the governing body claimed its "disciplinary unit has decided not to open a case".
Suarez bagged a double during the game with two marvellous free kicks, but was unable to find a third goal during the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone