Luis Suarez will not be investigated for stamp on Zenit defender
London: Luis Suarez will not be investigated for an apparent stamp on Zenit defender Tomas Hubocan in Liverpool`s clash with the Russians in the Europa League last week.
The Uruguayan was pictured stepping on the Czech Republic international`s back towards the end of the Reds` 3-1 win, which was not enough to take them through to the round of 16, as Zenit won on away goals.
Referee Bjorn Kuipers, who is shortlisted to officiate at World Cup 2014, did not punish Suarez during the game, leaving Uefa able to use retrospective action against him.
However, a statement the governing body claimed its "disciplinary unit has decided not to open a case".
Suarez bagged a double during the game with two marvellous free kicks, but was unable to find a third goal during the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees