Luis Suarez will not be investigated for stamp on Zenit defender
London: Luis Suarez will not be investigated for an apparent stamp on Zenit defender Tomas Hubocan in Liverpool`s clash with the Russians in the Europa League last week.
The Uruguayan was pictured stepping on the Czech Republic international`s back towards the end of the Reds` 3-1 win, which was not enough to take them through to the round of 16, as Zenit won on away goals.
Referee Bjorn Kuipers, who is shortlisted to officiate at World Cup 2014, did not punish Suarez during the game, leaving Uefa able to use retrospective action against him.
However, a statement the governing body claimed its "disciplinary unit has decided not to open a case".
Suarez bagged a double during the game with two marvellous free kicks, but was unable to find a third goal during the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- BJP workers stall Uttar Pradesh Assembly proceedings, bring city to halt
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags spotted as massive protests continue in Balochistan
- Fitch reaffirms Bharat Petroleum's ratings with stable outlook
- Michael Phelps ruled Twitter during Rio Olympics 2016
- Leaked Scorpene papers won't affect stealth aspect: Indian Navy