Luis Suarez will not be investigated for stamp on Zenit defender
London: Luis Suarez will not be investigated for an apparent stamp on Zenit defender Tomas Hubocan in Liverpool`s clash with the Russians in the Europa League last week.
The Uruguayan was pictured stepping on the Czech Republic international`s back towards the end of the Reds` 3-1 win, which was not enough to take them through to the round of 16, as Zenit won on away goals.
Referee Bjorn Kuipers, who is shortlisted to officiate at World Cup 2014, did not punish Suarez during the game, leaving Uefa able to use retrospective action against him.
However, a statement the governing body claimed its "disciplinary unit has decided not to open a case".
Suarez bagged a double during the game with two marvellous free kicks, but was unable to find a third goal during the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling