Luiz Felipe Scolari joins Gremio after Brazil flop
Rio de Janeiro: Luiz Felipe Scolari did not have to wait long to find work after his Brazil World Cup disaster as he was announced as Gremio`s new coach on Tuesday.
The Porto Alegre club took to its Twitter feed to confirm the appointment.
Scolari has already coached the club twice before in 1987 and from 1993 to 1996.
He led Gremio to the Copa Libertadores crown in 1995 and the Brazilian championship a year later.
The 65-year-old, who was replaced as Brazil coach by Dunga, endured a miserable World Cup as his side were humiliated 7-1 by Germany in the semi-finals before losing 3-0 to the Netherlands in the third-place play-off.
However, he was the coach who led Brazil to their last World Cup triumph in 2002 in Japan and South Korea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption