Luiz Felipe Scolari joins Gremio after Brazil flop
Rio de Janeiro: Luiz Felipe Scolari did not have to wait long to find work after his Brazil World Cup disaster as he was announced as Gremio`s new coach on Tuesday.
The Porto Alegre club took to its Twitter feed to confirm the appointment.
Scolari has already coached the club twice before in 1987 and from 1993 to 1996.
He led Gremio to the Copa Libertadores crown in 1995 and the Brazilian championship a year later.
The 65-year-old, who was replaced as Brazil coach by Dunga, endured a miserable World Cup as his side were humiliated 7-1 by Germany in the semi-finals before losing 3-0 to the Netherlands in the third-place play-off.
However, he was the coach who led Brazil to their last World Cup triumph in 2002 in Japan and South Korea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi