Luiz Felipe Scolari joins Gremio after Brazil flop
Rio de Janeiro: Luiz Felipe Scolari did not have to wait long to find work after his Brazil World Cup disaster as he was announced as Gremio`s new coach on Tuesday.
The Porto Alegre club took to its Twitter feed to confirm the appointment.
Scolari has already coached the club twice before in 1987 and from 1993 to 1996.
He led Gremio to the Copa Libertadores crown in 1995 and the Brazilian championship a year later.
The 65-year-old, who was replaced as Brazil coach by Dunga, endured a miserable World Cup as his side were humiliated 7-1 by Germany in the semi-finals before losing 3-0 to the Netherlands in the third-place play-off.
However, he was the coach who led Brazil to their last World Cup triumph in 2002 in Japan and South Korea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Punjab Health Minister says,"Only 2% drug addicts in 10 districts of state"
- CBSE to conduct Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on Sept 18
- UK Labour leader defies revolt over Brexit strategy
- Euro 2016: Spain boss Vicente del Bosque expects the "real Italy" to turn up
- Tusshar Kapoor is now proud father to a baby boy! No, we aren’t kidding