Lukaku doubts future at Chelsea
Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku has said he will likely have to leave Chelsea in the close season amid speculation that the London side are about to sign Diego Costa.
The 21-year-old forward has spent the last two seasons on loan at West Brom and Everton as he has been repeatedly overlooked at Stamford Bridge.
That is not something Lukaku, who scored 16 goals for Everton last season, expects to change any time soon.
"You know Chelsea: every year they buy a new top striker," he told several newspapers.
"I remember me coming into the dressing room last year and seeing Samuel Eto`o and Demba Ba and going: `Whoah! What`s happening here?`
"But no problem. Many clubs are interested in me.
"At this stage I have to look to myself. I have to play a good World Cup. That`s very interesting for all the players looking for a transfer, and I must be one of them. Chelsea know my point of view."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India