Lukaku doubts future at Chelsea
Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku has said he will likely have to leave Chelsea in the close season amid speculation that the London side are about to sign Diego Costa.
The 21-year-old forward has spent the last two seasons on loan at West Brom and Everton as he has been repeatedly overlooked at Stamford Bridge.
That is not something Lukaku, who scored 16 goals for Everton last season, expects to change any time soon.
"You know Chelsea: every year they buy a new top striker," he told several newspapers.
"I remember me coming into the dressing room last year and seeing Samuel Eto`o and Demba Ba and going: `Whoah! What`s happening here?`
"But no problem. Many clubs are interested in me.
"At this stage I have to look to myself. I have to play a good World Cup. That`s very interesting for all the players looking for a transfer, and I must be one of them. Chelsea know my point of view."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar