Lukaku hints at Chelsea stay
London: The Belgium international, who scored 17 Premier League goals on loan at West Brom in 2012-13, indicates that he has a place in Jose Mourinho`s squad next season.
Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku has hinted that he may remain at Stamford Bridge next season under new manager Jose Mourinho.
The 20-year-old spent the whole of last season on loan at West Brom, where he scored 17 goals in 35 Premier League appearances.
Reports have suggested that Lukaku will be sent back out on another temporary deal next term but the Belgium international has indicated that he may be handed a role under Mourinho.
"I already know where I`m going, or where I`ll be heading back to, but I won`t say any more than that," the forward told reporters.
"The only thing I will say is that I want to succeed at Chelsea and I`m not scared of competition.
"I have to prove myself again, even if he gives me some credit you still start from zero every single day. I`m going there with the intention to succeed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug