Lukaku hints at Chelsea stay
London: The Belgium international, who scored 17 Premier League goals on loan at West Brom in 2012-13, indicates that he has a place in Jose Mourinho`s squad next season.
Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku has hinted that he may remain at Stamford Bridge next season under new manager Jose Mourinho.
The 20-year-old spent the whole of last season on loan at West Brom, where he scored 17 goals in 35 Premier League appearances.
Reports have suggested that Lukaku will be sent back out on another temporary deal next term but the Belgium international has indicated that he may be handed a role under Mourinho.
"I already know where I`m going, or where I`ll be heading back to, but I won`t say any more than that," the forward told reporters.
"The only thing I will say is that I want to succeed at Chelsea and I`m not scared of competition.
"I have to prove myself again, even if he gives me some credit you still start from zero every single day. I`m going there with the intention to succeed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch