Luxemburgo sacked by Gremio
Rio de Janeiro: Former Brazil and Real Madrid coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo has been sacked by Brazilian top-flight club Gremio.
The 61-year-old had been under pressure since the Porto Alegre side was eliminated from the Copa Libertadores by Colombia`s Independiente Santa Fe last month, reports Xinhua.
"We decided there needed to be a change for the benefit of the club and have decided that this is the best way forward. There was no longer a good understanding between the coach and the players and it was important to act before it became untenable," Gremio`s football manager Rui Costa said Saturday.
Among the candidates to replace Luxemburgo are Celso Roth, Renato Gaucho and Muricy Ramalho.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video