Luxemburgo signs up to coach Gremio
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian club Gremio ended speculations as they announced the hiring of head coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo.
The move came two days after the dismissal of Caio Junior, who fell out of favour with the fans after only eight games in command, according to reports.
Luxemburgo is expected to arrive in the city of Porto Alegre Wednesday to observe his new team play arch-rivals Internacional in the first round of playoffs of the Rio Grande do Sul state championship.
The coach will be taking a large pay cut compared to what he formerly received with Flamengo, earning roughly 60 percent less with a salary of USD 260,000 per month.
Luxemburgo will receive his official presentation to the media and fans Feb 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!