M`Vila wants to leave, confirm Rennes
Rennes (France): Rennes general manager Pierre Dreossi has admitted that the club`s in-demand midfielder Yann M’Vila wants to leave the Ligue 1 club.
The France international has attracted interest from Arsenal and Tottenham in the past, while QPR boss Harry Redknapp is said to be very keen to bring him to Loftus Road in January in order to bolster his side’s chances of avoiding relegation - though Goal.com exclusively revealed the player is not keen on a move to the Premier League`s bottom club.
Dreossi explained that the club will not stand in M’Vila’s way should they receive an acceptable offer, with Russian champions Zenit St Petersburg also said to be monitoring the situation.
"It`s possible [he`ll leave] if we get some interesting offers," he told radio station RMC.
"He wants to leave, but if it doesn`t happen, it will be next summer. It`s no catastrophe.
"He missed out on a transfer last summer. If there`s an interesting opportunity for everyone, we`ll find a solution."
"It is all moving towards England or Russia."
M`Vila, himself, also confirmed his desire to seek a new challenge, after growing stale at the Breton club.
He said: "The club have received offers. I want to go but the deal has to be right for everyone. If it isn`t, I will stay until the end of the season."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP