Madrid clears Ronaldo for Russia-Portugal clash
Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo has been ruled fit for Portugal`s World Cup qualifier against Russia Friday, his football club Real Madrid said Monday.
The forward scored both of Real`s goals in a 2-2 Clasico draw with Barcelona Sunday before being taken off with a sprained left shoulder.
"Real Madrid have already informed the Portuguese Football Federation that Cristiano Ronaldo will join their national team squad today," the club said.
"Once there, the Whites` player will be kept under observation and will have no problem in playing Friday in Moscow for Portugal against Russia in the World Cup 2014 qualifier."
Real added that club doctors had examined Ronaldo and decided the injury was "not serious".
Friday`s match in Moscow pits together the two unbeaten teams in Group F, which also contains Israel, Northern Ireland, Azerbaijan and Luxembourg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!