Madrid clears Ronaldo for Russia-Portugal clash
Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo has been ruled fit for Portugal`s World Cup qualifier against Russia Friday, his football club Real Madrid said Monday.
The forward scored both of Real`s goals in a 2-2 Clasico draw with Barcelona Sunday before being taken off with a sprained left shoulder.
"Real Madrid have already informed the Portuguese Football Federation that Cristiano Ronaldo will join their national team squad today," the club said.
"Once there, the Whites` player will be kept under observation and will have no problem in playing Friday in Moscow for Portugal against Russia in the World Cup 2014 qualifier."
Real added that club doctors had examined Ronaldo and decided the injury was "not serious".
Friday`s match in Moscow pits together the two unbeaten teams in Group F, which also contains Israel, Northern Ireland, Azerbaijan and Luxembourg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown