Madrid clears Ronaldo for Russia-Portugal clash
Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo has been ruled fit for Portugal`s World Cup qualifier against Russia Friday, his football club Real Madrid said Monday.
The forward scored both of Real`s goals in a 2-2 Clasico draw with Barcelona Sunday before being taken off with a sprained left shoulder.
"Real Madrid have already informed the Portuguese Football Federation that Cristiano Ronaldo will join their national team squad today," the club said.
"Once there, the Whites` player will be kept under observation and will have no problem in playing Friday in Moscow for Portugal against Russia in the World Cup 2014 qualifier."
Real added that club doctors had examined Ronaldo and decided the injury was "not serious".
Friday`s match in Moscow pits together the two unbeaten teams in Group F, which also contains Israel, Northern Ireland, Azerbaijan and Luxembourg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why