Madrid clears Ronaldo for Russia-Portugal clash
Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo has been ruled fit for Portugal`s World Cup qualifier against Russia Friday, his football club Real Madrid said Monday.
The forward scored both of Real`s goals in a 2-2 Clasico draw with Barcelona Sunday before being taken off with a sprained left shoulder.
"Real Madrid have already informed the Portuguese Football Federation that Cristiano Ronaldo will join their national team squad today," the club said.
"Once there, the Whites` player will be kept under observation and will have no problem in playing Friday in Moscow for Portugal against Russia in the World Cup 2014 qualifier."
Real added that club doctors had examined Ronaldo and decided the injury was "not serious".
Friday`s match in Moscow pits together the two unbeaten teams in Group F, which also contains Israel, Northern Ireland, Azerbaijan and Luxembourg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'