Madrid ready to sell Falcao to Man City or Chelsea for 48 million pounds
London: Atletico Madrid is ready to sell Radamel Falcao if either Manchester City or Chelsea is ready to pay 48 million pounds demanded by the club’s chiefs in Spain.
City boss Roberto Mancini flew to Spain to check on the striker at the weekend. And the Italian saw the Colombian hotshot score his eighth goal of the La Liga season as Atletico beat Malaga 2-1.
Atletico general manager Miguel Angel Gil Marin admits that if a club matches the Colombia striker’s £48.3m buy-out clause it would wipe out all of their debt.
“If we were to sell for 60m euros that would solve all our economic problems,” the Daily Express quoted Marin, as saying.
In-demand Falcao scored 36 goals last season and the fee received for his transfer would clear the club`s mounting debts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what