Madrid ready to sell Falcao to Man City or Chelsea for 48 million pounds
London: Atletico Madrid is ready to sell Radamel Falcao if either Manchester City or Chelsea is ready to pay 48 million pounds demanded by the club’s chiefs in Spain.
City boss Roberto Mancini flew to Spain to check on the striker at the weekend. And the Italian saw the Colombian hotshot score his eighth goal of the La Liga season as Atletico beat Malaga 2-1.
Atletico general manager Miguel Angel Gil Marin admits that if a club matches the Colombia striker’s £48.3m buy-out clause it would wipe out all of their debt.
“If we were to sell for 60m euros that would solve all our economic problems,” the Daily Express quoted Marin, as saying.
In-demand Falcao scored 36 goals last season and the fee received for his transfer would clear the club`s mounting debts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'