Madrid ready to sell Falcao to Man City or Chelsea for 48 million pounds
London: Atletico Madrid is ready to sell Radamel Falcao if either Manchester City or Chelsea is ready to pay 48 million pounds demanded by the club’s chiefs in Spain.
City boss Roberto Mancini flew to Spain to check on the striker at the weekend. And the Italian saw the Colombian hotshot score his eighth goal of the La Liga season as Atletico beat Malaga 2-1.
Atletico general manager Miguel Angel Gil Marin admits that if a club matches the Colombia striker’s £48.3m buy-out clause it would wipe out all of their debt.
“If we were to sell for 60m euros that would solve all our economic problems,” the Daily Express quoted Marin, as saying.
In-demand Falcao scored 36 goals last season and the fee received for his transfer would clear the club`s mounting debts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing