Madrid`s Higuain gives nod to record 22 mln pound Arsenal move
London: Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain has reportedly agreed to come to Arsenal even as the Gunners record 22 million-pound deal for the player comes closer to a conclusion.
Higuain and his agent father Jorge are believed to have agreed personal terms in excess of 130,000 pounds-a-week as Arsenal prepare to smash their transfer record and wage structure.
The Spanish giants circulated Higuain`s name for transfer last month and gave him the green light to negotiate a move away from Real Madrid this summer, with the report adding that the player is keen to move to Arsenal after talks with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.
Wenger hopes to wrap up the formalities before the club`s Far East tour in three weeks` time.
Higuian`s landing will be seen as an Arsenal`s signal towards determination to challenge again for major trophies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day