Maicon aims to seal Brazil spot
Brasilia: Right-back Maicon has declared his intention to remain Brazil`s first-choice defender until next year`s football World Cup.
The 32-year-old has been recalled to the national squad after a two-year absence for the Selecao`s friendlies against Australia Sunday and Portugal three days later, reports Xinhua.
And he is set to be given a starting berth after the withdrawal of Dani Alves with an ankle injury.
"Whenever I`ve worn the Brazil shirt I`ve always tried to do my best," Maicon said during a press conference Wednesday.
"My objective is to not lose my national team spot again."
Maicon has recaptured his best form for Roma after managing just 14 games in an injury-hit 2012-13 season with Manchester City.
"Since arriving at Roma I have been focused on trying to get another opportunity for the Selecao. The coaching staff understands my situation and how hard I have worked to get back."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?