Maicon will leave Man City: Pellegrini
Manchester: Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini has confirmed that Maicon will leave the club this summer.
The defender joined the Etihad Stadium from Inter for around €4 million a year ago but has struggled to find a permanent spot in the first team.
As rumours increase that the Brazilian is set to join Roma, the Chilean coach has revealed that the full-back will not be a Blues player much longer and claimed City will bolster their ranks before the end of July.
"We are not in a hurry to bring new players in but we are clear that we need two or three more before the season begins," Pellegrini told the club`s official website.
"Maicon didn`t come here to the pre-season and he will not be in the squad at Manchester City this year.
"It`s difficult to say a date for any new arrivals but, before July finishes, I think we will have more players."
South African side Supersport United defeated City 2-0 to see the side begin their pre-season preparations in disappointing fashion, but the Chilean claims that he expected the loss despite the strong starting XI that he chose to field.
Pellegrini said: "The players were clear with what they had to do in this game. I spoke with them before the match and we had four or five days working together.
"We`re not prepared to play the way we want them to play so this was a normal match for pre-season. I`m not worried and this is what we expected."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam