Maicon will leave Man City: Pellegrini
Manchester: Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini has confirmed that Maicon will leave the club this summer.
The defender joined the Etihad Stadium from Inter for around €4 million a year ago but has struggled to find a permanent spot in the first team.
As rumours increase that the Brazilian is set to join Roma, the Chilean coach has revealed that the full-back will not be a Blues player much longer and claimed City will bolster their ranks before the end of July.
"We are not in a hurry to bring new players in but we are clear that we need two or three more before the season begins," Pellegrini told the club`s official website.
"Maicon didn`t come here to the pre-season and he will not be in the squad at Manchester City this year.
"It`s difficult to say a date for any new arrivals but, before July finishes, I think we will have more players."
South African side Supersport United defeated City 2-0 to see the side begin their pre-season preparations in disappointing fashion, but the Chilean claims that he expected the loss despite the strong starting XI that he chose to field.
Pellegrini said: "The players were clear with what they had to do in this game. I spoke with them before the match and we had four or five days working together.
"We`re not prepared to play the way we want them to play so this was a normal match for pre-season. I`m not worried and this is what we expected."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement