Maken assures FIFA of co-operation for U-17 World Cup
New Delhi: The AIFF`s wish to host the 2017 U-17 football World Cup in India got a shot in the arm after the Sports Ministry today assured FIFA of full co-operation in organising the event.
Sports Minister Ajay Maken today met FIFA`s secretary general Jerome Valcke and Thierry Regenass, director of member associations and development, in the capital and discussed a wide range of issues pertaining to hosting of the event.
Sources close to the All India Football Federation (AIFF) said the sports minister was very keen on addressing the issues raised by the world football`s governing body.
"The sports minister has assured them of full support for hosting the tournament and said that everything, including government clearance, will be cleared in due course of time," the source said.
It was also learnt that Maken promised the AIFF help in its development activities.
The delegation, led by Valcke, is here to review the progress of various development projects undertaken by FIFA for India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say