Malaga agree to sign Italian midfielder Maresca
Seville: Malaga have agreed to sign Italian midfielder Vincenzo Maresca until the end of next season with the possibility of a further year, the struggling La Liga club said.
The 30-year-old, whose career has included spells with Juventus and Fiorentina as well as Sevilla, has been a free agent since leaving Olympiakos in August.
"With the arrival of Enzo we add to the team a man with experience who has played at big clubs and who brings quality, seniority and leadership to our midfield," sporting director Antonio Fernandez said on the club website.
Malaga sacked coach Jesualdo Ferreira last month and appointed former Real Madrid boss Manuel Pellegrini. They are 17th in the 20-team standings with 13 points from 14 matches.
Maresca will have a medical on Thursday before being presented to the media at the Andalusian club`s Rosaleda stadium, Malaga said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?