Malaga agree to sign Italian midfielder Maresca
Seville: Malaga have agreed to sign Italian midfielder Vincenzo Maresca until the end of next season with the possibility of a further year, the struggling La Liga club said.
The 30-year-old, whose career has included spells with Juventus and Fiorentina as well as Sevilla, has been a free agent since leaving Olympiakos in August.
"With the arrival of Enzo we add to the team a man with experience who has played at big clubs and who brings quality, seniority and leadership to our midfield," sporting director Antonio Fernandez said on the club website.
Malaga sacked coach Jesualdo Ferreira last month and appointed former Real Madrid boss Manuel Pellegrini. They are 17th in the 20-team standings with 13 points from 14 matches.
Maresca will have a medical on Thursday before being presented to the media at the Andalusian club`s Rosaleda stadium, Malaga said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital