Man City draws 1-1 with Blackburn Rovers in FA Cup
Johannesburg: Manchester City tasted fresh disappointment in the third round of the FA Cup on Saturday when they drew 1-1 with second-tier Blackburn Rovers.
City, currently second in the Premier League, also had defender Dedryck Boyata sent off late on for two bookable offences and now face an unwelcome replay against Gary Bowyer`s side.
According to Sport24, stunned by Wigan Athletic in last year`s final, City took the lead at Ewood Park through an Alvaro Negredo goal on the stroke of half-time, only for Scott Dann to equalise early in the second half.
Pellegrini made seven changes to his starting XI, while former England international Paul Robinson returned in goal for Blackburn after spending almost 12 months out due to a blood clot on his lung, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chidambaram rejects FM Jaitley's remarks over inflation
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Traffic nightmare in Gurgaon; waterlogging on NH8 hits Delhi-Jaipur route, schools shut
- India's doping shame: 687 athletes banned since 2009 as per NADA records
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions