Man City enters Capital One Cup quarterfinals following 2-0 win over Newcastle
London: Manchester City was saved from the humiliation of being ousted from the Capital One Cup competition despite a disjointed outing following their 2-0 win over Newcastle United at St James Park on Wednesday.
City booked themselves a quarter final place in the League Cup following the win, which placed them in the last eight in the competition at the expense of Newcastle.
According to the Mirror, it however, took City to 99 minutes to make breakthrough in the game, which was dominated by Newcastle in the opening, with Alvaro Negredo and Edin Dzeko scoring in extra time.
The report mentioned that Negredo`s goal was his fifth in the season since his 20 million-pound move from Spanish side Seville in the summer, and he muscled ahead of defender Mapou Yanga Mbiwa to finish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!