Man City enters Capital One Cup quarterfinals following 2-0 win over Newcastle
London: Manchester City was saved from the humiliation of being ousted from the Capital One Cup competition despite a disjointed outing following their 2-0 win over Newcastle United at St James Park on Wednesday.
City booked themselves a quarter final place in the League Cup following the win, which placed them in the last eight in the competition at the expense of Newcastle.
According to the Mirror, it however, took City to 99 minutes to make breakthrough in the game, which was dominated by Newcastle in the opening, with Alvaro Negredo and Edin Dzeko scoring in extra time.
The report mentioned that Negredo`s goal was his fifth in the season since his 20 million-pound move from Spanish side Seville in the summer, and he muscled ahead of defender Mapou Yanga Mbiwa to finish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog