Man City enters Capital One Cup quarterfinals following 2-0 win over Newcastle
London: Manchester City was saved from the humiliation of being ousted from the Capital One Cup competition despite a disjointed outing following their 2-0 win over Newcastle United at St James Park on Wednesday.
City booked themselves a quarter final place in the League Cup following the win, which placed them in the last eight in the competition at the expense of Newcastle.
According to the Mirror, it however, took City to 99 minutes to make breakthrough in the game, which was dominated by Newcastle in the opening, with Alvaro Negredo and Edin Dzeko scoring in extra time.
The report mentioned that Negredo`s goal was his fifth in the season since his 20 million-pound move from Spanish side Seville in the summer, and he muscled ahead of defender Mapou Yanga Mbiwa to finish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof