Man City makes move to bind midfielder Silva to new improved contract
London: Premier League champions Manchester City has opened talks with midfielder David Silva’s advisors in order to bind him to a new and improved contract.
The Spain international has two years left on his deal and a City delegation flew to Barcelona over the weekend for initial talks with his advisors after Silva signaled he wanted to stay.
Silva has been a massive success since he arrived from Valencia in 2010 to the Etihad, and it was a matter of time when City would make a move to review his current terms at this stage.
Meanwhile, Mario Balotelli’s agent has ruled out any prospect of the eccentric City striker moving to Juventus this summer.
“Italian football’s economic situation means that at the moment top players can’t come to Italy,” Mino Raiola said.
Balotelli has been linked to a host of Italian clubs lately, but the striker has also expressed his desire to continue plying his trade with City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lightning strikes German football pitch, 35 hurt, 3 seriously
- People's faith in our work renewed our vigour: PM Modi at India Gate
- IPL 2016: Virat Kohli praises rival captain David Warner, predicts tough final against Sunrisers Hyderabad
- OnePlus to open service centres in India, guarantees 1 hour turnaround time
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test: Chris Woakes, Moeen Ali pile pressure on visitors on Day 2