Man City makes move to bind midfielder Silva to new improved contract
London: Premier League champions Manchester City has opened talks with midfielder David Silva’s advisors in order to bind him to a new and improved contract.
The Spain international has two years left on his deal and a City delegation flew to Barcelona over the weekend for initial talks with his advisors after Silva signaled he wanted to stay.
Silva has been a massive success since he arrived from Valencia in 2010 to the Etihad, and it was a matter of time when City would make a move to review his current terms at this stage.
Meanwhile, Mario Balotelli’s agent has ruled out any prospect of the eccentric City striker moving to Juventus this summer.
“Italian football’s economic situation means that at the moment top players can’t come to Italy,” Mino Raiola said.
Balotelli has been linked to a host of Italian clubs lately, but the striker has also expressed his desire to continue plying his trade with City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad