Man City makes move to bind midfielder Silva to new improved contract
London: Premier League champions Manchester City has opened talks with midfielder David Silva’s advisors in order to bind him to a new and improved contract.
The Spain international has two years left on his deal and a City delegation flew to Barcelona over the weekend for initial talks with his advisors after Silva signaled he wanted to stay.
Silva has been a massive success since he arrived from Valencia in 2010 to the Etihad, and it was a matter of time when City would make a move to review his current terms at this stage.
Meanwhile, Mario Balotelli’s agent has ruled out any prospect of the eccentric City striker moving to Juventus this summer.
“Italian football’s economic situation means that at the moment top players can’t come to Italy,” Mino Raiola said.
Balotelli has been linked to a host of Italian clubs lately, but the striker has also expressed his desire to continue plying his trade with City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- All Party meet for inclusive engagement of all stakeholders in J&K
- Brazil arrests terror group over plot to launch large scale attack at 2016 Rio Olympics
- US acts to block two mega-mergers in health insurance worth $91 billion
- Hardik Patel's movement restricted; FIR lodged against him too
- Kotak Mahindra Bank posts 4-fold jump in net profit in Q1