Man City `offer 35 mln euros for Dzeko`
BERLIN: Manchester City have offered 35 million euros (29.8 million pounds, 45.9 million dollars) for Wolfsburg`s Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko, Germany`s Bild daily reported on Wednesday.
In what Bild said would be a record price for a Bundesliga player, the English club would pay the Germans 30 million euros for the 24-year old plus five million euros more if City reach the Champions League.
The transfer could be finalised in time for City`s crunch away clash at Arsenal on January 5, Bild added, without identifying a source.
The paper cited Wolfsburg`s general manager Dieter Hoeness as declining to comment on what he called "speculation".
Wolfsburg are currently 13th in the table, having gone seven Bundesliga games without a win, putting their coach -- former England manager Steve McClaren -- under severe pressure.
Roberto Mancini`s City, by contrast, are riding high, level on points with Manchester United at the top of the Premier League, although they are behind on goal difference and Sir Alex Ferguson`s side have two games in hand.
Earlier this month, Dzeko, who is Wolfsburg`s captain, refused to shake McClaren`s hand when he was substituted after missing a crucial penalty in the 77th minute of a goalless draw with Werder Bremen.
Other top-rank European clubs have also been linked with the striker, including Italian giants AC Milan and Juventus as well as under-performing Bundesliga heavyweights Bayern Munich.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof