Man City `offer 35 mln euros for Dzeko`
BERLIN: Manchester City have offered 35 million euros (29.8 million pounds, 45.9 million dollars) for Wolfsburg`s Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko, Germany`s Bild daily reported on Wednesday.
In what Bild said would be a record price for a Bundesliga player, the English club would pay the Germans 30 million euros for the 24-year old plus five million euros more if City reach the Champions League.
The transfer could be finalised in time for City`s crunch away clash at Arsenal on January 5, Bild added, without identifying a source.
The paper cited Wolfsburg`s general manager Dieter Hoeness as declining to comment on what he called "speculation".
Wolfsburg are currently 13th in the table, having gone seven Bundesliga games without a win, putting their coach -- former England manager Steve McClaren -- under severe pressure.
Roberto Mancini`s City, by contrast, are riding high, level on points with Manchester United at the top of the Premier League, although they are behind on goal difference and Sir Alex Ferguson`s side have two games in hand.
Earlier this month, Dzeko, who is Wolfsburg`s captain, refused to shake McClaren`s hand when he was substituted after missing a crucial penalty in the 77th minute of a goalless draw with Werder Bremen.
Other top-rank European clubs have also been linked with the striker, including Italian giants AC Milan and Juventus as well as under-performing Bundesliga heavyweights Bayern Munich.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him