Man City `offer 35 mln euros for Dzeko`
BERLIN: Manchester City have offered 35 million euros (29.8 million pounds, 45.9 million dollars) for Wolfsburg`s Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko, Germany`s Bild daily reported on Wednesday.
In what Bild said would be a record price for a Bundesliga player, the English club would pay the Germans 30 million euros for the 24-year old plus five million euros more if City reach the Champions League.
The transfer could be finalised in time for City`s crunch away clash at Arsenal on January 5, Bild added, without identifying a source.
The paper cited Wolfsburg`s general manager Dieter Hoeness as declining to comment on what he called "speculation".
Wolfsburg are currently 13th in the table, having gone seven Bundesliga games without a win, putting their coach -- former England manager Steve McClaren -- under severe pressure.
Roberto Mancini`s City, by contrast, are riding high, level on points with Manchester United at the top of the Premier League, although they are behind on goal difference and Sir Alex Ferguson`s side have two games in hand.
Earlier this month, Dzeko, who is Wolfsburg`s captain, refused to shake McClaren`s hand when he was substituted after missing a crucial penalty in the 77th minute of a goalless draw with Werder Bremen.
Other top-rank European clubs have also been linked with the striker, including Italian giants AC Milan and Juventus as well as under-performing Bundesliga heavyweights Bayern Munich.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living