Man City offers Tevez for £22mn to Italian giants AC Milan
London: Manchester City has slapped a 22 million pound price tag on striker Carlos Tevez after Italian club AC Milan made the Argentinean striker their top target following departures of forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic and defender Thiago Silva to French club Paris St, Germain.
Tevez pledged his future to City on Friday and insisted he had no intention of leaving the champions after mending his relationship with boss Roberto Mancini, The Daily Star reports.
However, Mancini is keen to offload Tevez to facilitate Robin Van Persie’s signing from Arsenal, which would also trim down the wages bill at Etihad.
Milan’s deal with PSG will generate more than 52 million pounds and club president Silvio Berlusconi is willing to fund a move for Tevez so he can replace Sweden star Ibrahimovic.
The Serie A outfit tried to sign Tevez in the last transfer window following his fall-out with Mancini.
Milan are also keen on landing Edin Dzeko and Mancini knows he must trim his squad and reduce the club’s wage bill before making new signings.
Tevez is the club’s highest earner on 250,000 pounds a week and still has two years of his bumper deal to run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea applies for bail, says her medical condition 'deteriorating'