Man City to join rivals Tottenham, Sunderland to headline Asia Trophy
Johannesburg: English Premier League champions Manchester City will headline the Asia Trophy in Hong Kong as they join their top rivals Tottenham Hotspur and Sunderland AFC in a competition with local club South China FC in the pre-season tournament.
According to City boss Roberto Mancini, the Asia Trophy will be an interesting challenge for Manchester City, as it will give them a chance to exhibit their talent to their fans in Hong Kong, reports Sport24.
The biennial knockout event will be held from July 24-27.
It will be City`s second appearance in the tournament, after gaining the third place in Thailand in 2005, and their second successive pre-season trip to the Far East after touring China and Malaysia last year.
The Asia Trophy is the only tournament affiliated to the Premier League to be held outside the UK.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt