Man U ace Ferdinand chooses club over England football team
London: English footballer Rio Ferdinand said that he prefers to stay on at his club Manchester United as opposed to the national team, adding that it has been a big decision for him to quit the national team to prolong his career as the centre-back at Manchester United.
The defender has been out of contract in the summer and has not agreed on a new deal so far.
Ferdinand who has played 81 times for the England team between 1997 and 2011 said that he hopes that he has few years left before his retirement and owes these years to United, following manager Alex Ferguson’s retirement from the club.
Ferdinand further said that United needs him to be physically fit as he yearns to give his level best performance for the club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof