Man U contemplating January move for ‘in demand’ Brazilian striker Damiao
London: Manchester United is considering making a move for Brazilian striker Leandro Damiao in the January transfer window.
Tottenham Hotspurs failed in a 20 million pound bid for Damiao last week. The 23-year-old was then offered to Liverpool on loan, but the deal was declared too expensive.
United had held talks over Damiao in February and mediators met his representatives at Sao Paulo Airport on Monday to outline a proposal in January.
The striker won a silver medal at the Olympics and was the tournament top scorer with six goals.
Spurs signed midfielder Sandro from Internacional in 2010 and had hoped that deal will help smooth Damiao’s transfer.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed