Man U legend Robson says Mourinho can succeed Ferguson
London: Manchester United’s former captain Bryan Robson believes Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho has all the credentials to fulfill the next to impossible task of succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson as United’s next manager.
Robson said he does not think the club might have even thought about the identity of their next manager till date since Ferguson is showing few signs of slowing down, as he recently celebrated 25 years at the helm of United.
“As far as I am concerned, and from what I know about Manchester United, they are not considering that at the moment. How do you replace Sir Alex Ferguson? It is near enough impossible,” the Daily Mail quoted Robson, as saying.
“But they are going to have to do that and Mourinho is definitely one who would be up at the top of the list. His record speaks for itself,” he added.
Robson has been impressed with the work of Ferguson’s assistants Mike Phelan and Rene Meulensteen, and would consider them also as good options.
Robson said: “Whoever goes in there they will have their opinions and ideas, but because of the success United have had over the last 20 years, you can``t go in and rip everything apart and try to rebuild the way you think it should be.”
“How can you do that after so much success? Why not Mike Phelan and Rene take over from Sir Alex Ferguson when he does decide to pack in. That never gets mentioned but they know how it works. It has always has to be someone who is really well known with a track record,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation