Man U owners ask answers to lack of `major` signings
London: Premier League club Manchester United`s failure to make major signings this season has not gone down well with the club`s owners, and new vice-chairman Ed Woodward was expected to deliver at least one stellar name this season.
According to the Mirror, the Florida-based Glazer family wants an explanation as to why Woodward couldn`t land any of the club`s top targets, and also wants answers about why the club`s pursuit of players descended into farce.
United`s only significant signing was the 27.5million pound Marouane Fellaini, the report said.
However, the fact the Belgian arrived from Everton just minutes before the deadline, for a fee that was 4 million pound above a buy-out clause that expired at the end of July, has also not been well received by United`s prudent owners, the report added.
Woodward was tasked with bringing in at least one world-class player to help Moyes with the challenge of replacing Sir Alex Ferguson as manager, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan