Man U plays down Ferguson-Guardiola meeting in New York
London: Manchester United has talked down manager Sir Alex Ferguson’s meeting with former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola in New York as just a coincidence.
Spanish media reports suggested Ferguson flew to the United States to discuss handing over the reins at United next summer to Guardiola, but United has made it clear that the gaffer went there to watch Andy Murray play in US Open final.
According to the Daily Express, Guardiola, who quit Barcelona at the end of last season, is one of the favourites, along with Jose Mourinho, to succeed Ferguson, who turns 71 in December.
The Spaniard has relocated to New York with one of the reasons given to improve his English in readiness for a job in the Premier League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?