Man U plays down Ferguson-Guardiola meeting in New York
London: Manchester United has talked down manager Sir Alex Ferguson’s meeting with former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola in New York as just a coincidence.
Spanish media reports suggested Ferguson flew to the United States to discuss handing over the reins at United next summer to Guardiola, but United has made it clear that the gaffer went there to watch Andy Murray play in US Open final.
According to the Daily Express, Guardiola, who quit Barcelona at the end of last season, is one of the favourites, along with Jose Mourinho, to succeed Ferguson, who turns 71 in December.
The Spaniard has relocated to New York with one of the reasons given to improve his English in readiness for a job in the Premier League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017