Man U plotting 30-mln pound swoop for Chelsea`s David Luiz
London: Manchester United is reportedly plotting a 30 million-pound move for Chelsea player David Luiz, who is also a target for Barcelona and has been left out of Jose Mourinho`s side early this season following a pre-season hamstring problem.
According to the Mirror, new United boss David Moyes would love to see the Brazilian star at the Old Trafford club even though he feels that Luiz may not be a Mourinho-style player because he takes risks at the back.
The report further said that the Scot has made this move keeping in mind that first-choice pair Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand may fall victim to injuries and will struggle to handle their busy fixture list of domestic and European matches.
According to the report, Moyes is hoping to use Luiz`s uncertainty over the fact as to whether Mourinho will use him regularly, and is planning to swoop in on the player before the transfer window shuts at 11pm on Monday night.
The Premier League champions are plotting to get Luiz without losing troubled striker Wayne Rooney, although Chelsea remains equally determined to get Rooney, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on