Man U`s Lewandowski hopes fading following Dortmund`s firm refusal for transfer
London: Premier League champions Manchester United`s hopes of signing Robert Lewandowski came to a standstill after Borussia Dortmund insisted that their star striker will not be sold this summer.
The Polish hitman has become one of the most sought-after strikers in Europe, with United tracking him for over 12 months.
Despite former United boss Sir Alex Ferguson 18 million-pound bid for Lewandowski, whose valuation has rocketed to over 30 million pounds, rejected last summer, however, new United boss David Moyes still keen to sign him.
However, Dortmund general manager Hans-Joachim Watzke said that Lewandowski is going nowhere, adding that they need the security of having the striker around to be able to plan for the new season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!