Man U`s Lewandowski hopes fading following Dortmund`s firm refusal for transfer
London: Premier League champions Manchester United`s hopes of signing Robert Lewandowski came to a standstill after Borussia Dortmund insisted that their star striker will not be sold this summer.
The Polish hitman has become one of the most sought-after strikers in Europe, with United tracking him for over 12 months.
Despite former United boss Sir Alex Ferguson 18 million-pound bid for Lewandowski, whose valuation has rocketed to over 30 million pounds, rejected last summer, however, new United boss David Moyes still keen to sign him.
However, Dortmund general manager Hans-Joachim Watzke said that Lewandowski is going nowhere, adding that they need the security of having the striker around to be able to plan for the new season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY