Man U`s Lewandowski hopes fading following Dortmund`s firm refusal for transfer
London: Premier League champions Manchester United`s hopes of signing Robert Lewandowski came to a standstill after Borussia Dortmund insisted that their star striker will not be sold this summer.
The Polish hitman has become one of the most sought-after strikers in Europe, with United tracking him for over 12 months.
Despite former United boss Sir Alex Ferguson 18 million-pound bid for Lewandowski, whose valuation has rocketed to over 30 million pounds, rejected last summer, however, new United boss David Moyes still keen to sign him.
However, Dortmund general manager Hans-Joachim Watzke said that Lewandowski is going nowhere, adding that they need the security of having the striker around to be able to plan for the new season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley