Man U set for record 50 mln-pound deal for Napoli striker Cavani
London: Manchester United is reportedly preparing a record 50 million-pound bid for Napoli striker Edinson Cavani, raising question marks over Wayne Rooney`s future at Old Trafford.
Although new United boss David Moyes wants to sign the Uruguayan from the Rafael Benitez-run club, he will have to battle Real Madrid and Chelsea, who are also furiously chasing the player, the Mirror reports.
According to the report, Cavani`s powerful style looks i deal for the Premier League and is being eyed by Moyes, who is keen to play two players up front, to make him a perfect partner for Robin van Persie, adding that the South American has similar attributes to Rooney, whose relationship with United is still strained.
The report further said that with Napoli ready to cash on Cavani from the several available mega bids, United`s owners, the Glazer family, are also set to back Moyes although no club has matched Cavani`s 54 million-pound release clause.
Meanwhile, Tottenham Hotspur boss Andre Villas-Boas has said that he believes that United has lost their fear factor without former boss Sir Alex Ferguson, adding that as Moyes does not have the aura that Ferguson had, it may influence the players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks