Man U tried to hijack Ozil`s Arsenal deal
London: Premier League club Manchester United had made a last gasp attempt to snatch transfer record breaker Mesut Ozil from Arsenal`s grasp, as manager David Moyes was desperate to bring in a top quality playmaker before his deal for Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera went horribly wrong.
According to the Mirror, however, it was already too late as Germany midfielder Ozil, 24, had turned down a more lucrative offer from Paris Saint Germain and now it emerges that Arsenal also beat United to a deal with Real Madrid.
England winger Theo Walcott yesterday claimed Ozil`s arrival proves that Arsenal are determined to get back to winning major trophies after eight barren years, the report said.
David Moyes was left frustrated when he missed out on Ander Herrera, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat