Man U tried to hijack Ozil`s Arsenal deal
London: Premier League club Manchester United had made a last gasp attempt to snatch transfer record breaker Mesut Ozil from Arsenal`s grasp, as manager David Moyes was desperate to bring in a top quality playmaker before his deal for Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera went horribly wrong.
According to the Mirror, however, it was already too late as Germany midfielder Ozil, 24, had turned down a more lucrative offer from Paris Saint Germain and now it emerges that Arsenal also beat United to a deal with Real Madrid.
England winger Theo Walcott yesterday claimed Ozil`s arrival proves that Arsenal are determined to get back to winning major trophies after eight barren years, the report said.
David Moyes was left frustrated when he missed out on Ander Herrera, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore