Man U winger Valencia set to miss West Ham clash due to hip injury
London: Manchester United winger Antonio Valencia is set to sit out his side`s game against West Ham in midweek after suffering a hip injury.
The 27-year-old was ruled out of the Red Devils` 3-1 victory over QPR and the Champions League defeat after being subbed halfway through the second half of United`s loss to Norwich City, and Sir Alex Ferguson says the Ecuadorian will miss the upcoming encounter with the Hammers but should be back in the next week.
"He had a hip injury, just towards his back," Sir Alex told MUTV.
"He`s had a bit of pain there for the last couple of weeks but he`s been playing with it. That`s the type of guy he is. He never mentioned it and plays on.
"All of a sudden, you ask him and he says: `Yes, it`s sore.` It won`t be too long and he should be ready for maybe next week."
United`s win took them to the top of the Premier League, though neighbours Manchester City have a game in hand against Chelsea on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan