Man United keeper De Gea to undergo eye surgery
London: Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea will undergo a laser surgery for an eye problem that impinges on long-range vision in one eye, after enduring an inconsistent start to life at Old Trafford.
He is suffering from this condition since childhood and constantly wears glasses, and while playing football he uses contact lens in his eyes to overcome this deficiency.
However, United has refused to blame the matter for De Gea’s difficult start to life at the Theatre of Dreams, it was reported.
The Spaniard was recommended before his 17.8 million pounds move to Old Trafford from Atletico Madrid in March, that his eyes were not prepared for the surgery yet. But now De Gea is hoping that he can have a surgery before the Olympic games commence since he has plans to participate in it.
De Gea was dropped from United’s squad after his howler cost them their match against Blackburn Rovers on the New Year’s Eve.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'